October/November 2014. All sessions: 7.30pm to 9:30pm
The Green House Hotel, 4 Grove Road, Bournemouth BH1 3AX
This popular and enlightening course is intended for everybody who is interested in Humanism and wishes to discover more about its principles and the activities of Humanists. It's a great opportunity to explore life's big questions from a non-religious perspective, while meeting and interacting with interesting new people in a positive friendly environment.
During the course we’ll discover how Humanism provides a rational, non-religious way of approaching life’s ‘big questions’, and how it offers values that help us to live happy, worthwhile and fulfilled lives.
1. Humanist Beliefs and History: Tuesday October 7th 2014
2. The God Debate: Monday October 13th 2014
3. Secularism and Religious Privilege: Tuesday October 21st 2014
4. Ethics & Morality without Religion: Tuesday Nov 4th 2014
5. Prospects for Happiness: Tuesday November 11th 2014
6. Possibilities for a Good Society Tuesday November 18th 2014
(No meeting on 28th October due to half-term break).
There will be a small charge for this course to help cover venue hire. All sessions 7.30pm – 9.30pm at The Green House Hotel, Grove Road, Bournemouth BH1 3AX.
Total Course cost (The total course cost is the same regardless of how many sessions you choose to attend)
· £15 for non-members, or £12 for members of Dorset Humanists.
· Early booking discount: £2 off members’ and non-members’ prices if booked before 15th Sept.
· Flat rate of £5 for students (whenever booked).
Please make cheques payable to ‘Dorset Humanists’, or contact us for BACS payment details.
Please book early to avoid disappointment due to a limited number of places
Some feedback from previous ‘One Life’ courses:
· “An amazing course – it’s been fantastic!”
· “Just what we need to introduce people to Humanism”
· “As a Christian I felt at ease and accepted by those present.”
· “My mind continues to buzz about many issues arising from the course”
For further information, email David Warden at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07910 886629, or talk to us at one of our meetings.
(The Green House Hotel can also be accessed via its rear entrance in Gervis Road. The hotel has a small onsite car park, and roadside parking is also available in Gervis Road).
Click here to view details of forthcoming and recent Dorset Humanists events on this website.